Please let me know of any news articles/stories that you know of that are not listed below, please contact me.
Some notes about this page:
- The articles above are listed by date of publication (most recent first).
- When I first began collecting news on the ´scandal´, I merely created links to the source document. As it turns out, most of the news pieces are removed after a certain period, so you will find all of the documents are now mirrored within my site. There are links to the original documents on each of the pages.
- Povo Yanomami vai chorar e enterrar sangue dos ancestrais, Amazonia Real, April 4, 2015.
- Laboratórios dos Estados Unidos devolvem amostras de sangue ao povo Yanomami, Amazonia Real, April 3, 2015.
- Indigenous Tribe’s Blood Returned to Brazil after Decades, BBC, April 3, 2015.
- Welcome to the Jungle: Napoleon Chagnon’s study of human nature in the Amazon—and the academy City Journal, April 13, 2014.
- The politics of science. Stowe Reporter, April 10, 2014.
- Darkness in Academia: The Shadow of Stalin, Lorna Salzman, Humanist Perspectives, Issue 186, Autumn 2013.
Fry, Douglas P. 2013.
- Napoleon A. Chagnon, Noble Savages: My Life Among Two Dangerous Tribes – The Yanomamo and the Anthropologists (New York, Simon & Schuster, 2013). European Journal of Sociology LIV(3):531-536.
- Conklin, Beth, 2013, Last of the Stone Age Warriors, American Anthropologist 115(4):671-674.
- The shaman’s-eye view: A Yanomami verdict on us, New Scientist, November 18, 2013.
- Napoleon Chagnon’s Noble Savages, The Moral Liberal, October 28, 2013.
- Are We Hard-Wired for War?, The New York Times, September 28, 2013.
- After Husband and 3 Children Are Killed Brazil Female Chief Leads Re-occupation of Land, BrazzilMag, September 23, 2013.
- Evidence of Yanomami ‘violence’ relies on false data, new paper reveals, Survival International, September 21, 2013.
- The Emperor’s New Suit In The Garden Of Eden, and Other Wild Guesses or, Why Can’t Napoleon Chagnon Prove Anything?, Truthout, September 21, 2013.
- Darkness in Anthropology: A Conversation with Napoleon Chagnon, National Association of Scholars, August 29, 2013.
- The battle over human nature, The Sydney Morning Herald, August 17, 2013.
- Napoleon Chagnon: Blood Is Their Argument, Edge, June 6, 2013.
- Fight Clubs: On Napoleon Chagnon: One anthropologist’s place in his field’s ongoing battle over questions of power, means and ends, The Nation, May 15, 2013.
- It was violent way back then, Otago Daily Times, May 6, 2013.
- Constant battles, Hurriyet Daily News, May 3, 2013.
- Are Anthropologists a Dangerous Tribe? They’re battling about Yanomamö Indians, research ethics, and the nature of fierceness., Slate, May 2, 2013.
- The National Academy of Sciences: Goodbye to all that, Anthropology Today 29(2):1-2, April, 2013.
- The Militarization of American Life: From women in combat to the invasion of the sciences, Antiwar.com, March 27, 2013.
- A Thousand Kinds of Life: Culture, Nature, and Anthropology, Dissent Magazine, March 21, 2013.
- Anthropology cut to the core when two tribes go to war: A feud at the heart of the discipline is undermining efforts to build a unified science of humanity, warns Camilla Power, Times Higher Education, March 14, 2013.
- Biophobia, Not. Biology and Science in Anthropology, Huffington Post, March 13, 2013.
- Survival Alert: The Myth of the ‘Brutal Savage’ Brutalizes Tribal People, Take Part, March 11, 2013.
- The Long PC Battle in Anthropology, Minding the Campus, March 10, 2013.
- Lightning rod sets up camp at MU, The Kansas City Star, March 9, 2013.
- Napoleon Chagnon, a most controversial anthropologist: Chagnon’s writings on the Yanomamo make broad and lurid claims that are dangerous misrepresentations, Al Jazeera, March 8, 2013.
- Savage Science: Excerpt of an Interview of Napoleon A. Chagnon, Skeptic Magazine, March 6, 2013.
- Amazon rainforest tribe at centre of new cultural storm: New book by outspoken US anthropologist inflames arguments over Yanomami Indians, The Observer, March 2, 2013.
- ‘Noble Savages’ looks at one anthropologist’s life of controversy: Chagnon tackles in his new book sensational accusations that shook his reputation and a scientific organization to the core, Chicago Tribune, March 1, 2013.
- Letters: ‘Noble Savages’, New York Times, March 7, 2013.
- Why Was This Man an Outcast Among Anthropologists? Napoleon Chagnon’s new memoir reignites the firestorm over his study of the Yanomamö, Smithsonian Magazine, March, 2013.
- Book Review: The Right Person, In the Right Place, At the Right Time: A review of Napoleon A. Chagnon, Noble Savages: My Life Among Two Dangerous Tribes — The Yanomamӧ and the Anthropologists, Evolutionary Psychology 11(1):126-131, 2013.
- An Interview With Marshall Sahlins: The Destruction of Conscience in the National Academy of Sciences, CounterPunch, February 26, 2013.
- ‘Nobles salvajes’, el nuevo libro de Chagnon provoca dimisiones y protestas, Canal Solidario, February 26, 2013.
- The Real News of Anthropology, Huffington Post, February 26, 2013.
- Marshall Sahlins, National Academy of Sciences, Napoleon Chagnon, Anthropology Report, February 25, 2013.
- The Chagnon Wars, cont’d., The American Conservative, February 25, 2013.
- Discord Over Scholar’s Tribal Research, New York Times, February 25, 2013.
- Primitive Mythology, New York Times, February 25, 2013.
- A Protest Resignation, Inside Higher Education, February 25, 2013.
- Anthropology and the Amazon: Other worlds, other values – Strange encounters in the jungle, The Economist, February 23, 2013.
- The Tarzan of Anthropology: Chagnon’s War, CounterPunch, February 22, 2013.
- ‘Noble Savages: My Life Among Two Dangerous Tribes —The Yanomamo and the Anthropologists’ by Napoleon A. Chagnon, Washington Post, February 22, 2013.
- Anthropology: Tribal Warfare, Douglas Hume, Nature 494(7437):310, February 21, 2013. [
- Anthropology: Tribal Warfare, Douglas Hume, Nature 494(7437):310, February 21, 2013. [
- Green Snot and Deadly Snakes: Napoleon Chagnon’s Anthropological Battles, The Daily Beast, February 19, 2013.
- Napoleon Chagnon: Noble Savages – Between the Covers, National Review, February 19, 2013.
- An Anthropologist’s War Stories, New York Times, February 18, 2013.
- ‘Noble Savages’, Inside Higher Education, February 18, 2013.
- ‘Noble Savages’: fierce tribes and occupational hazards, Seattle Times, February 17, 2013.
- Sex, Lies, and Separating Science From Ideology, The Atlantic, February 15, 2013.
- Fierce Controversies: The man at the center of the debate over whether violence provides an evolutionary advantage, The Wall Street Journal, February 15, 2013.
- Tribal Warfare, New York Times, February 15, 2013.
- How Napoleon Chagnon Became Our Most Controversial Anthropologist, New York Times, February 13, 2013.
- ‘Noble Savages’: A Journey To Break The Mold Of Anthropology, National Public Radio, February 13, 2013.
- An Anthropologist, Once Accused of Genocide, Tells His Story at Last, The Chronicle of Higher Education, February 12, 2013.
- Najslavniji Istraživač Indijanaca: Slavni Napoleon Chagnon namjerno je izazvao epidemiju ospica od koje je umrlo stotine Yanomamija, Jutarnji, February 10, 2013.
- A life spent fighting fair about the roots of violence, New Scientist, February 5, 2013.
- Farewell to the Myth of the Noble Savage, The Wall Street Journal, January 25, 2013.
- Evolutionary Anthropology Society: Napoleon Chagnon Elected to the National Academy of Sciences, Anthropology News, September 1, 2012.
- Darkness’s Descent on the American Anthropological Association: A Cautionary Tale, Alice Dreger, Human Nature 22(2), 2011.
- Statement on the Publication of Alice Dreger’s Investigation, Darkness’s Descent on the American Anthropological Association: A Cautionary Tale, Jane B. Lancaster & Raymond Hames, Human Nature 22(2), 2011.
- Anthropology a Science? Statement Deepens a Rift, The New York Times, Science, December 9, 2010.
- Napoleon Chagnon, Anthropologist, Discusses His Dramatic Career from Northern Michigan, My North, August 3, 2010.
- Too many secrets: Secrets of the Tribe, Thread, July 20, 2010.
July 13, 2010
- Film Festival docos focus on South American tribes, The National Business Review, tuesday, July 13, 2010.
July 4, 2010
- Secrets of the Tribe, Film Threat, July 4, 2010.
- Researchers Return Blood Samples to the Yanomamö, Science, 328:1218.
- Secrets of the Tribe: Anthropology Goes Bad at SIFF, Seattle Weekly, May 26, 2010.
- Anthropologists in the Amazon: Secrets of the Tribe, Counter Punch, Weekend Edition, March 19-21, 2010.
- Secrets of the Tribe, Secrets of the Tribe, Sundance, January, 2010.
January 29, 2010
- TC man featured in Sundance film, Traverse City Record-Eagle, January 29, 2010.
January 24, 2010
- Anthropologists exposed in “Secrets of the Tribe”, Reuters, January 25, 2010.
January 24, 2010
- Sundance Review: ‘Secrets of the Tribe’, HitFix, January 24, 2010.
January 21, 2010
- New Film Focuses on Controversial Research About Yanomamö Indians, University of California, Santa Barbara, January 21, 2010.
- Jose Padilha’s new doc to premiere at Sundance, Film & Festival, January 21, 2010.
- Bitter fight over Brazilian blood: Why the Yanomami tribe want blood samples taken by US scientists backAl Jazeera, January 28, 2009.
- Un artículo en Science reivindica a Napoleon Chagnon, Revolucion Naturalista, December 12, 2009.
December 11, 2009
- News of the Week Anthropology: Chagnon Critics Overstepped Bounds, Historian Says Science, December 11, 2009
December 3, 2009
- Old Wounds in Anthropology, Inside Higher Education, December 3, 2009.
- In the Amazon, Giving Blood but Getting Nothing New York Times, June 20, 2007
- Indigenous Groups in Amazon Try to Reclaim Blood Samples From Scientists The Chronicle: Daily News Blog, June 20, 2007
- Review: Yonomamami Joan Vincent, American Anthropologist, June 2006 (pdf)
- Yanomami: The Fierce Controversy and What We Can Learn From It, The Americas (April 2006), 62(4):660-662.
- Rumble in the Jungle: Adrian Barnett revels in a row about ethics, New Scientist (2005), 186:2497.
- Yanomami: The Fierce Controversy and What We Can Learn From It by Robert Borofsky with Bruce Albert, Raymond Hames, Kim Hill , Leda Leitao Martins , John Peters , and Terence Turner
- Anthropologists Rescend Report That Examined Allegation of Misconduct by Researchers in the Amazon The Chronicle of Higher Education, June 28, 2005 (pdf)
- Retreat at el Dorado Chronicle of Higher Education, July 8, 2005
- News of the Week Anthropology: A New Skirmish in the Yanomamö Wars Science, July 8, 2005
- Guilt by Association: The Culture of Accusation and the American Anthropological Association’s Investigation of Darkness in El Dorado Thomaas A Gregor and Daniel R Gross, American Anthropologist, December 2004 (pdf)
- An Epidemic of Disinformation, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News, November 2004
- Yanomami Redux Science, January 16, 2004
- Referendum on Darkness in El Dorado and Danger to Immunization Campaigns, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News 44(7), October 2003
- Resolution on Darkness in El Dorado and Danger to Immunization Campaigns, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News 44(4), April 2003
- The Yanomami Vaccine Resolution Vis-à-Vis Responsibilities of Anthropologists, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News 44(3), March 2003
- Yanomami Vaccine Resolution, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News 44(3), March 2003
- Collaborations and Distinctions, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News 44(3), March 2003
- Neel’s Vaccination Effort, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News 44(2), February 2003
- Commentary on the El Dorado Task Force Report, American Anthropological Association, Anthropology News, volume 43, number 8, november 2002
- Reply to Gregor and Gross: Setting the record straight on the Yanomami controversy, The Chronicle of Higher Education
August 18, 2002
- Listeners’ letters, National Public Radio
- Anthropology and the Search for the Enemy Within, Thomas A. Gregor and Daniel R. Gross, The Chronicle
July 12, 2002
- Yanomami Research Becomes the Stuff of a Novel; a New Mystery Satirizes African-American Studies, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Dialogue Correspondence: Hypocrisy in El Dorado, Kent V Flannery, Anthropology News, Volume 43, Number 5, May 2002
May 15, 2002
- Boletim Yanomami, 26/Fechamento 15/maio/2002
- Q&A Scandal in the Amazon National Geographic Adventure Magazine, April 2002
- Napoleon in Exile, Excerpt National Geographic Adventure Magazine, April 2002
- Dialogue Correspondence: In Response to Irons Letter, Leslie E Sponsel, Anthropology News, Volume 43, Number 3, March 2002
- On Reflections on Darkness in El Dorado and Replies Leslie E. Sponsel, Fernando Coronil, Alan G. Fix, M. Susan Lindee, and Peter Pels, Current Anthropology, February 2002 (pdf)
- Dialogue Correspondence: Turner and Sponsel’s Letters, William Irons, Anthropology News, Volume 43, Number 1, January 2002
January 6, 2002
- Feldforscher auf krummen Wegen – Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (German)
January 4, 2002
- Yanomamö Wars Continue Science, January 4, 2002
December 7, 2001
- Though Flawed, Book on Yanomami Research ‘Served Anthropology Well,’ Report Concludes – Chronicle of Higher Education
December 5, 2001
- Early judgment in council of elders – The Australian (December 5, 2001)
December 3, 2001
- Anthropologists Criticize Release of Preliminary Report on Controversy Over Research on the Yanomami – Chronicle for Higher Education
- Amazon tribe study called ‘deeply flawed’ – USA TODAY
Public Anthropology: Engaging Ideas, 2001
- Intellectuals and the Responsibilities of Public Life: An Interview with Noam Chomsky
- Envisioning a More Public Anthropology: An Interview with Fredrik Barth
- Life among the Yanomami. The story of change among the Xilixana on the Mucajai River in Brazil Canadian Business and Current Affairs, AnthropologicaROUNDTABLE FORUM: Ethical Issues Raised by Patrick Tierney’s Darkness in El Dorado
- Bruce Albert
- Ray Hames
- Kim Hill
- Lêda Leitão Martins
- John Peters
- Terry Turner (Part One)
- Terry Turner (Part Two)
September 27, 2001
- Tribal, xenophobic and bellicose: we’re just born that way The Daily Telegraph (London)
- Das Treffen von Goettingen Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (German)
- Darkness in El Dorado, ABC, 16/06/01
- Shermer, Michael, 2001 “The erotic-fierce people: the latest skirmish in the ”anthropology wars” reveals a fundamental flaw in how science is understood and communicated” Scientific American 284:5, pg 31
May 11, 2001
- Creating A Tribe Of Ancestral Savages The Times Higher Education Supplement
- Darkness in El Dorado: Human Genetics on Trial Newton E. Morton, Journal of Genetics, April 2001 (pdf)
- Perspectives on Tierney’s Darkness in El Dorado Current Anthropology, Forum on Anthropology in Public (papers by Fernando Coronil, Alan G. Fix, Peter Pels, Charles L. Briggs, Clara E. Mantini-Briggs, Raymond Hames, Susan Lindee, and Alcida Rita Ramos)
- 10, 000 Years of Tribal Warfare: History, Science, Ideology and “The State of Nature” The Journal of the International Institute, 8(3), Spring/Summer 2001
April 26, 2001
- Markus Stumpf: Das Schicksal der Yanomami und die Schattenseiten der Anthropologie. In: Lateinamerika Anders Panorama. Österreichs Zeitschrift für Lateinamerika Nr. 2, April 2001, 26. Jahrgang; ISSN 1028-9453; Wien; S. 21-24.
April 24, 2001
- Medical fact or fiction? Medical Post
April 11, 2001
- Nazism 101 — Sociobiology: Genes For Genocide Challenge
- Capitalist Anthropology: `Science’ of Extermination Challenge
- Guns, Germs, Steel and Anthropologists Challenge
- Backlash Challenge
April 10, 2001
- Brasil-indios senador exige explicacion sobre experimentos de eeuu con yanomami Spanish Newswire Services (Spanish)
April 1, 2001
- The Erotic-Fierce People Scientific American
- Fighting the Darkness in El Dorado Scientific American
March 30, 2001
- Brasil-indios yanomamis brasilenos pueden demandar a eeuu por manipulacion adn Spanish Newswire Services (Spanish)
- ’Life Among The Anthros’ New York Review of Books – Terence S. Turner
March 26, 2001
- Brazil Indians Outraged by Minister’s Statements Yahoo News (Reuters, AP, The New York Times, and ABCNEWS.com)
March 22, 2001
- Ghosts of fieldwork past United Press International
- Anthropologist discusses his position in an ‘ethics firestorm’ in his field – Cornell Chronicle, (March 22, 2001)
March 18, 2001
- Study Denounces Decimation Of Yanomami Tribe Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
March 17, 2001
- Masern, Medizin und Moral; Yanomami-Indianer als Versuchskaninchen amerikanischer Forscher? Neue Zuercher Zeitung (German)
- Unheil ueber El Dorado Neue Zuercher Zeitung (German)
March 14, 2001
- Science Attacks Amazon Tribe The New Republic Online
March 12, 2001
- Scientists Dispute Anthropology Book Discovery.com
- Tvister om människans natur Svenska Dagbladet (Disputes about humans nature) (Swedish)
March 11, 2001
- Necessary Discipline The New York Times (Letter to the Editor by Benjamin G. Zimmer)
- I tjänst hos folkmordet? Göteborgs-Posten (In service of Ethnocide?) (Swedish)
March 4, 2001
- Not the “baddest” guy in the bush United Press International
March 3, 2001
- The Fierce Anthropologists Daily Telegraph Magazine
March 1, 2001
- Ferguson, R. Brian, 2001 Materialist, cultural and biological theories on why Yanomami make war. Anthropological Theory 1(1):99-116.
- Pseudoscience and Culturology (by Nicholas Nicastro) The BookpressIdeas Fixes and Innuendos,
- Part I &
- Part II (by Terence Turner) The Bookpress
- Anthropological Angst (by John Stevens) The Bookpress
- Exorcising sociobiology The New Criterion
- Review: Research in the rainforest The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (by Geoffrey Sea)
- A Tangled Web, In More Ways Than One The Pennsylvania Gazette
February 28, 2001
- Ethik der Feldforschung Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (German)
February 22, 2001
- The Fierce Academics: A scholars’ war threatens the future of an Amazon tribe Metro (Silicon Valley’s Weekly Newspaper)
February 11, 2001
- It’s Not Nice To Fool With Mother Nature The Columbus Dispatch
- Academic Warfare New York Times Book Review
February 9, 2001
February 8, 2001
February 5, 2001
- With Controversy Swirling Around Them, Yanomami Have Other Worries New York Times
- Diseases threaten Brazilian tribe Environmental News Network
- Zen Marxism Revisited: Tierney and False Dualisms in Anthropology Anthropology News
- A Tangled Web, In More Ways Than One The Pennsylvania Gazette (January/February)
- Arvelo-Jimenez, Nelly La Saga de los Yanomamo – Reflexiones en Torno al Libro Darkness in El Dorado, Jan. 2001
January 23, 2001
- Looking Into The Heart Of Darkness Anthropologists Face A Moment Of Truth After Charges Of Bringing Cultural Ruin To The Amazon The Boston Globe
January 21, 2001
- Jungle Fever The Washington Post
- Review: Tierney’s Darkness indicts the very tenets of anthropology The Anniston Star
January 19, 2001
- Scientific Community: Anthropological Warfare Science
- Scientific Community: Preemptive Strike Sought to Discredit Book Before It Was Published Science
January 13, 2001
- Darkness at the heart of science: Anthropologists despoiled cultures they studied, author says The Gazette (Montreal)
- OFF CENTRE: The warring tribes that fight battles in print: A new book has sparked an academic row by claiming that one of the most intriguing primitive societies – and one of the best studied – suffered as a result of contact with western scientists. Mark Wallace reports Financial Times (London)
January 12, 2001
- Academic Scandal in the Internet Age The Chronicle of Higher Education
January 7, 2001
- Venezuela Bars Researchers After Book Charges Ethnocide Indians´ measles blamed on pair San Francisco Chronicle
January 4, 2001
- Epidemia de enfermedades respiratorias causó 12 muertes en la etnia yanomami El Nacional (Spanish)
- Why I am Not a Cultural Anthropologist, Part I The Bookpress
- Why I Am Not a Cultural Anthropologist, Part II The Bookpress
- Human Science, Pseudo-Science, and Anthropological Ethics in the Yanomami Controversy, Part I The Bookpress
- Human Science, Pseudo-Science, and Anthropological Ethics in the Yanomami Controversy, Part II The Bookpress
- Review: Darkness in El Dorado: How Scientists and Journalists Devastated the Amazon: Tierney, Patrick Bart’s Cyber Home
December 31, 2000
- A question of survival The Hindu
December 29, 2000
- Patrick Tierney en de Yanomamö-indianen: Duisternis over de Amazone NRC Boeken (in Dutch)
December 26, 2000
- Author Revs up Controversy over Amazon Tribe´s Quest for Women St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- La química del amor El Nacional (Spanish)
December 23, 2000
- Napoleon conquers the Yanomami The Globe and Mail (Toronto)
December 21, 2000
- Trevas na Antropologia e na Biomedicina Socioambiental.org (Portuguese)
- Retiring author defends his career Detroit News
December 19, 2000
- Researcher defends career under shadow of ´Darkness´ The Associated Press State & Local Wire
December 18, 2000
- Atrocities in the Amazon? The McGraw-Hill Companies
- Book Reviews – A rumble in the jungle New Statesman
- Atrocities In The Amazon? Business Week
December 17, 2000
- Rumble in the Jungle The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Researcher defends reputation under shadow of ´Darkness´ The Grand Rapids Press
December 14, 2000
- Author trashes classic study of Yanomami as scandalous lie The Boston Herald
December 13, 2000
- Ein Ethnologe unter Verdacht Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
December 11, 2000
- Savage fantasy: A leading anthropologist is under ideological attack U.S.News & World Report
- Patrick Tierney, anthropologist, talks with Todd… The Todd Mundt Show
- Los salesianos estamos abiertos a que investiguen nuestro trabajo El Nacional (Spanish)
- Darkness in El Dorado The Nation
December 10, 2000
- Letter to the Editor and Reply New York Times Book Review
- The Editors Recommend The San Francisco Chronicle
- Jungle Fever The Washington Post (by Marshall Sahlins)
December 9, 2000
- Scientists and Missionaries Fall Out Over Epidemic that Decimated Amazon Tribe The Independent (London)
- Darkness in El Dorado CBC (Canadian Television) [
- Listen to MP3 (9 MB)]
- Controverse over Yanomami Neemt in Hevigneid Toe NRC Handelsblad (in Dutch)
- When Did the Measles Epidemic Begin among the Yanomami? Anthropology News
December 8, 2000
- Is Anthropology Evil? Slate.com
December 5, 2000
- Anthropologists at war over culture The San Diego Union-Tribune
- Anthropologists at the cultural divide The Washington Times
December 2, 2000
- The Savaging of a Scientist Daily News (New York)
December 1, 2000
- Anthropologists Debate a Controversial Book and Their Own Research Ethics The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Getting Out the Real Story Anthropology News (Jane Hill)
- Letter to the Editor The Clarion Online Edition (Les MacLeod)
November 30, 2000
- Schokkende Onthulling: Inenting Tegen Mazelen Werd Indianen Fataal De Telegraaf
- Did science kill a tribe? The Times (London)
- Science decimated Amazon tribe The Ottawa Citizen
- Book Review: Corrupted Hopkins and Company
November 29, 2000
- Herz der anthropologischen Finsternis Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Author says celebrated anthropologist harmed Amazon tribe Chicago Sun-Times
November 27, 2000
- Into the Heart of Darkness Newsweek
- Amazon Yerlilerini Yokeden Çagdas Bilim Adamlari Hurriyetim.com
- ´Darkness in El Dorado´ Debated; Backlash after NBA nominee blasts anthropologists for devastating native people Publishers Weekly
- The Science of Self-Preservation Forbes Magazine
November 26, 2000
- Por denuncias de Tierney prohibieron investigaciones en zonas indígenas El Nacional (Spanish)
November 24, 2000
- La prohibición de investigar rige para todas las zonas indígenas El Nacional (Spanish)
November 22, 2000
November 21, 2000
- Anthropology’s Ugliest Debate: Controversies rage over a scandalous new book on the Yanomamö Indians Scientific American
- A Fight for Truth: Obscure Battle Shows Dangers of PC The Winchester Star
November 20, 2000
- The Fierce People: The wages of anthropological incorrectness National Review
- Anthropology´s Darkest Hour Scientific American
- Ethics Debate in the Field of Anthropology Crux JournalFierce Anthropologists: Tierney at the AAAs
- Part One
- Part Two
- Part Three About.com
November 19, 2000
- Asociación Antropológica solicitará informe a Comisión de Energía Atómica de EE UU por caso de yanomami El Nacional (Spanish)
November 18, 2000
- Book Leads Anthropologists to Look Inward New York Times
- Book Claims Famed Geneticist Started Deadly Epidemic Among Indian Tribe Salt Lake Tribune
- Book causes anthropologists to see red The Times of India Online
November 17, 2000
- Anthropologists in Uproar Over Yanomami Charges Yahoo News
- Book Creates Stir at Convention New York Times
- Controversial book creates stir at anthropologists´ convention CNN
- Controversial novel prompts anthropologists to look at profession The Associated Press State & Local Wire
- Los indios Yanomami: destruidos por la enfermedad, las sectas y la corrupción El Nacional
November 16, 2000
- Anthropologists to air violent Amazon dispute USA Today
- Anthropology Community Upset Over Ethics Scandal Isolated Indians were corrupted, writer says San Francisco Chronicle
- Darkness in El Dorado, by Patrick Tierney Discovery Channel Canada Online
- The Fierce People, Part II, A disgrace National Review Online
- La prohibición de investigar sólo rige para el Alto Orinoco El Nacional (Spanish)
- Helping Indians of Amazon change for the better The Record Online
- The Live Wire: Contrasting Missionaries With Anthropologists In “The Darkness In El Dorado”, The Record of Hackensack on November 16, 2000
November 15, 2000
- Pittsburgh author´s charges stir up anthropologists Controversy of epidemic proportions Post-Gazette
November 14, 2000
- Science Panel Disputes Report on Bad Vaccine New York Times
November 13, 2000
- Science academy criticizes ´Darkness in El Dorado´ claims USA Today
- Analysis: National Academy of Sciences debunks book United Press International
- What did this man do to the Yanomami In These Times.com
- Colleagues continue to defend U. Michigan researcher Michigan Daily University Wire
November 12, 2000
- Hearts of Darkness New York Times
- Un antropólogo feroz El Nacional (Spanish)
- Dudosa reputación El Nacional (Spanish)
- The Left Hand of Darkness Los Angeles Times
- Periodista denuncia experimento que termino con la vida de indigenas yanomami Agence France Presse (Spanish)
November 11, 2000
November 10, 2000
November 9, 2000
- National Academy of Sciences disputes book alleging misconduct The Mercury News
- A firestorm in anthropology The Christian Science Monitor
- Anthropology world in uproar over book´s allegations against prof Cornell Daily Sun University Wire
November 5, 2000
- Tribal Warfare Breaks out is Anthropologists´ Ranks Denver Rocky Mountain News
November 4, 2000
- Johnson: NBA, round two: dumb and dumber Athens Newspapers Inc.
November 3, 2000
- An anthropological scandal unfolding? Scripps Howard News Service
- US scientists treat Venezuelan Indians as guinea pigs Dawn
November 1, 2000
- Rights-Venezuela: Book Says Yanomami Indians Used as Guinea Pigs Inter Press Service
- James Neel, Darkness in El Dorado, and Eugenics: The Missing Context The Society for Latin American Anthropology (Diane Paul)
- Yanomami: Recent Human Rights Abuses The Society for Latin American Anthropology (Janet Chernela)
- Heart of Darkness The Bookpress
October 30, 2000
- Katz Response in New Yorker ANTHRO-L
- Napoleon Chagnon’s Waterloo: Anthropology on Trial The Dartmouth Review
October 27, 2000
- The Work That Has Rocked Anthropology The Times Higher Education Supplement
- The New Yorker Replies,
- Sidebar One,
- Sidebar Two,
- Sidebar Three Slate.msn.com
October 24, 2000
- Jungle Fever: Did two U.S. scientists start a genocidal epidemic in the Amazon, or was The New Yorker duped?,
- Sidebar One,
- Sidebar Two,
- Sidebar Three,
- Sidebar Four Slate.msn.com
- Eliminate slant in journalistic reporting as in anthropological studies The Observer
October 21, 2000
- Analysis: Darkness in anthropology United Press International
October 19, 2000
- Did scientists kill to test race theory? Nassau Weekly
October 17, 2000
- The untruths that spread like measles Acid Test The Daily Telegraph (London)
- ´Father of Human Genetics´ falsely accused by author, say colleagues CNN
- Did Amazonian Indians Die From Measles Vaccine? The Online Magazine of the Pacific News Service
October 15, 2000
- Genocide Claims Against Geneticist Are Disputed Los Angeles Times
- Brasile: esperimenti illeciti su indios di antropologo Usa Schweizerische Depeschenagentur AG – Servizio di base in Italiano (Italian)
- Who Should Investigate? Mercola.com
October 14, 2000
- AP Photos NY336-338 AP Worldstream
October 13, 2000
- Sontag, Oates among finalists for U.S. National Book Award The Ottawa Citizen
- The debate over Amazon Darkness MSNBC News
October 12, 2000
- BOOK NOTES: Historical ´Blonde,´ ´In America´ among national finalists in fiction The Atlanta Journal and Constitution
- Book-Award Bound? The Boston Globe
- Local Poet Among Nominees For National Book Award The San Francisco Chronicle
- Oates and Sontag Novels Among Award Nominees The Washington Post
- Medizinische Experimente an Yanomami-Indios? Neue Zuercher Zeitung (German)
- Big names among finalists for book awards Calgary Herald
- Gobierno y cientmficos estadounidenses deben responder por experimentos con yanomami El Nacional
October 11, 2000
- Cambian normas para investigar en zonas indígenas Taal Caul
- National Book Awards finalists are nominated MSNBCAllegations that two major cultural anthropologists…
- Text / RealAudio National Public Radio (NPR)
October 9, 2000
- The Fierce Anthropologist: Did a scientist harm the tribe he studied? The New Yorker (PDF document)
October 8, 2000
- Scientists ´nearly destroyed´ Amazon tribe backed by Sting Sunday Times (London)
- What Happens When Genocide Poses as Science Los Angeles Times
- A new book alleges that U.S. scientists caused a measles outbreak among the Yanomami tribe The Statesman (India)
- Ideas & Trends; Anthropology Enters the Age of Cannibalism New York Times
October 6, 2000
- Rastrean maltrato a yanomamis el universal.com
- Scientist killed Amazon Indians to test race theory, screamed the headlines in last Saturday´s Guardian. THES
October 5, 2000
October 4, 2000
- Letter to the Editor of The Guardian Weekly, October 4, 2000 John L. Hamerton and M. Susan Lindee
- Professor denies team triggered measles epidemic The Guardian (London)
- US scientist brought death to the Amazon Manchester Guardian Weekly
October 5, 2000
- Controversy related to the death of Ianomami Indians is widely debated Estado de S. Paulo
October 2, 2000
- ´Darkness´ shadows the pursuit of anthropology Scientists in Amazon accused of genocide, sexual exploitation USA Today
- What Have We Done to them? Time Magazine
- New Yorker Fails in Effort to Get Response From Researcher Upbraided in Its Pages Inside Media
- Report: Measles Vaccine Possibly Killed Amazon Tribe Fox
- La sociobiologie a la recherche des causes genetiques des comportements sociaux Le Monde (France)
- En Amerique, un peuple plus celebre que les Esquimaux Le Monde (France)
- Trois Questions O… Le Monde (France)
- Des accusations grotesques Le Monde (France)
- Les Indiens Yanomamis ont-ils ete victimes d´experiences eugeniques? Le Monde (France)
- Maerchen vom Totschlaeger Der Spiegel (German)
- An ethics firestorm in the Amazon U.S. News & World Report
- New book, article accuses scientists of disrupting Yanomami tribes CNN
- ´Darkness´ shadows pursuit of anthropology USA Today
October 1, 2000
- Menschenversuche im Urwald SonntagsZeitung (German)
- Yanomami fueron usados como cobayas humanos por científicos de EE UU El Nacional (Spanish)
- Uproar in anthropology (Part III) United Press International
- Book attacks scientists who studied isolated Brazilian Indians in 1968 Native News
- Review: Darkness in El Dorado Outside Magazine
September 30, 2000
- University of Michigan Refutes Claim Expert Harmed Tribe Michigan Live
- Macho anthropology: Did scientists start a deadly epidemic to prove that humanity is innately violent — or are they victims of politics? The Vancouver Sun
- Cientmficos probaron vacuna en yanomamis el universal.com
- Yanomami fueron usados como cobayas humanos por científicos de EE UUs EL NACIONAL
September 29, 2000
- UN LIBRO ACUSA A UN CIENTIFICO DE EE UU DE PROPAGAR… El Pais (Madrid)
- Grausige Menschenversuche der US-Atombehörde in Venezuela Greenpeace
- Book Accuses U.S. Scientists of Starting Epidemic Among Indians E-mail debate raging among anthropologists San Francisco Chronicle
- Author Says U.S. Scientists Killed Amazon Indians Yahoo Daily News
- Misconduct Alleged in Yanomamo Studies Science Magazine
- Indígenas del Amazonas fueron conejillos de Indias endi.zonai.com
- Book tells of deadly experiments on Yanomamis Orange County Register
- Scientists deliberately infected tribe with measles The Seattle Times
- Scientists sparked deadly Amazon measles epidemic Edmonton Journal (Alberta)
- Allegations of Misconduct Roil Anthropologists The Chronicle of Higher Education
September 28, 2000
- How Anthropology Should Respond to an Ethical Crisis Chronicle of Higher Education
- Macho anthropology Salon.comBook Seeks to Indict Anthropologists Who Studied Brazil Indians New York Times
- Anthropology Confronts Misconduct Allegations The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Was deadly measles outbreak intentional? USA Today
- Uproar in anthropology (Parts I & II) United Press International
- New book alleges deadly experiments on South American tribe The Associated Press
- US scientists conducted Nazi experiments on Venezuelan native Amazonian indians? VHeadline.com
September 27, 2000
- Mengele aan de Amazone VNU Dagbladengroep B.V. Eindhovens Dagblad (Dutch)
- Us Scientists Accused Of Conducting Nazi Experiments On Amazonian Indians – Hundreds Killed Friends of Liberty International
- Anthropologists Infected Yanomami, New Book Alleges California Academy of Sciences
- Indianen uitgeroeid voor ´wetenschap´ VNU Dagbladengroep B.V. Eindhovens Dagblad (Dutch)
- Cientistas negam escândalo dos ianomâmis Rubens Valente Globo
- À Editora de Ciencias No Rio Carta Enviada Hoje
- Chagnon es racista, dice Survival TAL CUAL
- Thomas Headland´s letter to USA Today reporter
September 26, 2000
- Amazon Indians Infected to Test Genetics Theory, Book Alleges Sydney Morning Herald
- O geneticista americano James Neel… Mim de Sao Paulo
- Antropólogos trocam e-mail sobre livro “Darkness in El Dorado” ig.com.br
- Conheça a declaração oficial da Associação Americana de Antropologia ig.com.br
- Antropólogos trocam e-mail sobre livro “Darkness in El Dorado” Último Segundo
- Muchos intereses en tierra yanomami TAL CUAL
September 25, 2000
- Masacre “científica” en el Amazonas TAL CUAL
- Tödliche Genforschung an Menschen Telepolis
- Scientists Infected Amazon Indians Discovery
- Amazon Geneticist Killed Hundreds Cosmiverse.com
- Livro poe antropologos em pe´ de guerra – Brazilian News (email)
September 24, 2000
- ´Darkness in El Dorado´: Shame in the Amazon The Baltimore Sun
- US scientists ´gambled with human lives´ The Straits Times (Singapore)
September 23, 2000
- Scientist ´killed Amazon indians to test race theory´ The Guardian (London)
- Livro nos EUA acusa geneticista de matar índios ianomâmi ig.com.br
- Amazon Geneticist ´Killed Hundreds´ BBC News
- Leia trechos do livro “Darkness in El Dorado” da Folha de S.Paulo Folha de S.Paulo
- Livro acusa cientistas de usar índios como cobaias Folha de S.Paulo
- Geneticist may have “killed” hundreds of Amazon Indians Digital Freedom Network
September 20, 2000
- Scholars Fear That Alleged Misdeeds by Amazon Anthropologists Will Taint Entire Discipline The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Antropologia selvagem ?